Monday, July 20, 2009

Memories of 2009

On the Friday morning of 10th July 2009, I lost my beloved father after months battling bone cancer. I was there at the hospital, knowing that his time will come. I prayed to Allah if I was going to lose my father, I hope it will be on Friday. Allah answered my prayer and my father has his last breath after the azan for Subuh prayer.
To be honest I wasn’t very close with my late father during his lifetime but to me he was more than a father. He was a teacher, who teaches everything he could from medical, carpentry, electrical basic, engines, agriculture & Islamic studies to his sons. And all his knowledge’s come from his reading & experience. He shows me the beauty of reading and seeking new knowledge. I learn the art of calligraphy from him and to me he was the most skillful calligrapher I always remember. He was a father who always planned ahead for what he want to do and that how he raised his sons, to know and identify what the future hold.
I shared the same interest with my father in many ways. We love to listen to the songs from the 50s & 60s together & having Nescafe when listening to our favourite Keroncong tunes. We love the kampong life even though we live in the heart of Johor Bahru. He teaches his sons the values of taking care the family members & that how me & my 2 younger brothers will always remember: taking care each other & our mother.
2009 also left me with another sad moment when I lost my beloved grandmother on 15th January & now what left for me is my mother. To me this three people are what I treasured most.

And what I can do for my beloved father & grandmother is always recite Al-Fatihah & pray that Allah will bless their soul.

Amin...

8 comments:

  1. AL-FATHIHAH..

    hazalee
    I could not stop my tears when reading your post. Be strong my friend. The living need to be taken care of. I remember the morning you came to see me to show me your collection of old song that you have enjoyed with your late father.

    Dear hazalee, your devotion to your late father is very admirable. I am sure he went away knowing that he has done a good job of bringing up a good, loving and caring son. The songs you collected for him---all that reminese of me with my late father.

    He must be very proud of you.

    God listened and answered your prayer and may his soul be amongst those loved by Allah .

    Please send my deepest condolence to your family---take care, keep your faith firm and pray for his peace . Again, my heart weeps for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. salam
    i dun know more how to soothes you...
    all i can is

    AL-FATIHAH..

    chant AL-FATIHAH and YASIIN..to relieve urself and to ease ur late father.
    b strong..i know u r

    ReplyDelete
  3. Salam
    Al fatihah....
    Moga ayah anda ditempatkan dtempatkan di sisi org beriman dan sisamping Allah swt...
    Yg pergi tetapkan pergi, Allah lebih menyanyanginya...
    Apa yg mampu kita lakukan, dan selaku anaknya adalah mengingati dengan sentiasa berdoa dan sedekahkan yassin dan ayat2 suci al-quran ...
    Hanya itulah cara kita sebagai anak, mengingati dan membalas segala yg telah dilakukannya...
    Kuatkan semangat.....
    Assakamualaikum..

    Amin

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmng pedih bila kehilangan sesuatu.. terutama kehilngan orang yg tersayang... Tabahkan ahtimu wahai sahabat,

    amalkan perkara Yg ketiga, Doa dari seorng anak yg soleh...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Hazalee,
    We can always say we know how you feel because we have been through the same trauma. But each loss is so very, very different and so is yours.
    But they are still with you for as long as you remember them in your heart and in your doa. Believe me, the pain will become an ache and with time acceptance will come. I know because I am 65 and I have lost 3 loved ones, one of them too soon. Lead a good life like your father did - that's the best tribute that a son can give.
    "Any death diminishes me" says the poet John Donne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Al Fatihah~

    Alee... kau kna kuat...
    perjuangan belum selesai...
    aku sbg kawan akan sentiasa sokong kau dr blakang...
    semoga kau tabah melalui hari2 mendatang yg penuh liku nii...
    jaga mak kau baik2 yer...
    ko harapan dia...
    jaga diri hiasi peribadi...

    ReplyDelete